Are you looking forward to prom? Your prom is something you will remember for the rest of your life. However, a car accident could ruin those memories. Here are six ways easy ways to prevent prom night accidents.
Six Tips to Help Prevent Prom Night Car Accidents
- Don’t drink and drive – Alcohol-related crashes are the leading cause of death for young people age 15 to 21.
- Buckle up – You may have to move your corsage, but buckling your seat belt is the best way to prevent injury if you are in an accident.
- Turn down the music – Music can be distracting to the driver. Turn the music down, so the driver can focus on the road. There will be plenty of music at the dance.
- Limit the number of passengers in your car – If your vehicle has five seat belts, then limit yourself to four passengers. Too many passengers can make it difficult to keep your eyes on the road. A passenger that isn’t buckled up has an increased risk of injury in an Atlanta car wreck.
- Leave plenty of time to reach your destination – Planning ahead will keep you from having to rush to prom.
- Hire a driver – Consider renting a limo. The limo driver can focus on the road while you and your friends take pictures. If a limo is out of your price range, consider hiring a family member or adult friend to drive you.
Sometimes accidents can’t be avoided. Know what to do after a prom night accident. Download Kaufman Law’s free Accident Survival App. The app will guide you through the steps you should to take after an accident to help protect your rights and your health.