If you were involved in a motorcycle accident while traveling on Interstate 285, or any other Atlanta roadway, you may be suffering from severe or life-threatening injuries. Motorcycle accidents frequently cause devastating injuries and losses to victims as a result of the fact that drivers are not protected from the other vehicle. Fortunately, victims and their families may be entitled to compensation after an accident. Determining whom the responsible party may be is one of the first steps towards pursuing a claim for damages.
Seven Potentially Responsible Parties After a Motorcycle Accident
It is important to note that the responsible parties for your Atlanta motorcycle accident are not always obvious. An experienced attorney can help assess the facts and circumstances surrounding your crash to make sure that all potentially responsible parties are brought into the claim. Examples of possible parties include:
- The driver of the car who hit you.
- The party or entity responsible for maintaining the roadway if the motorcycle accident was caused by poor road conditions.
- The designer or manufacturer of the motorcycle, if the accident was caused by a design or product defect.
- The employer of the driver of the car who hit you, if the driver was working at the time of the accident.
- The restaurant or bar that over served the driver of the car that hit you, if the crash was caused by the driver’s intoxication.
- A roadway construction company if the crew created unsafe road conditions that led to your crash.
- The owner of the vehicle that struck you, if the owner is a different individual than the driver.
Stay up-to-date on all of the latest news, tips, and facts surrounding Atlanta area motorcycle accidents—simply find and follow us on Facebook and Twitter today!