Some injuries that occur as a result of a slip and fall accident may not reveal themselves until much later or only after an evaluation by a medical professional. In many cases, knee injuries are much more obvious. The signs and symptoms of a knee injury that occur shortly after a slip and fall are typically readily apparent. It is important to pay attention to these signs and seek immediate medical attention when they occur.
Seven Signs of a Knee Injury After You Slip and Fall Down
What should you look for after a slip and fall when you suspect you may have injured your knee? The following are signs that this type of injury may have taken place:
- You heard a popping sound immediately after the slip and fall accident.
- Your knee area is swelling.
- You experience severe pain in the knee area.
- You feel intense tenderness in the knee area.
- You are unable to bear weight on the affected knee.
- Your knee is showing signs of redness.
- Your knee is showing signs of warmth.
Swift medical attention is crucial to your long-term recovery from a knee injury after a slip and fall accident. As a result, it is important to recognize the signs and symptoms that indicate this type of injury. We encourage you to help us spread the word. Please share our article with your friends and loved ones on Facebook today.