From August 3rd through August 9th, motorcycle enthusiasts around the world will gather to celebrate the 75th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. Sturgis is located among the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. According to the South Dakota Department of Transportation, over 400,000 people attended the event in 2011, with more anticipated for this year’s event.
Fun Activities at the 75th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
Thinking about participating in the fun at this year’s rally? The following are some of the many activities that you can enjoy:
- Drive on incredible roads like Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road, the Wildlife Loop, Vanocker Canyon Road, and Spearfish Canyon
- Visit amazing destinations including Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Bear Butte State Park, and the Crazy Horse Memorial
- Check out one of the many exhibits set up by motorcycle vendors
- Try out virtually every kind of motorcycle that is currently on the market
- Check out the many concerts, races, and bike shows
- Join in on the 13th Annual Mayor’s Ride
- Visit the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame
When attending this event or any other motorcycle-related activity, it is important to practice good safety habits. This includes wearing a helmet, ensuring you are visible, properly maintaining your bike, and never driving your motorcycle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
We encourage you to spread the word about this fun event by sharing a link to this article with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter!