For consumers visiting gas stations, there are many potential hazards that could lead to a slip and fall accident injury. These injuries can potentially be severe and may lead to significant financial losses. As a result, victims may need to pursue a claim for compensation against the responsible parties. However, before doing so, it is important to consider certain important questions.
8 Questions to Consider When You Are Injured in a Gas Station Slip and Fall Accident
What should you consider before pursuing a legal claim after a gas station slip and fall accident? The following is an overview:
- What factors led to your slip and fall accident? For example, was the ground wet, the lighting poor, or was debris in your path?
- Were there any witnesses to the slip and fall accident? If so, it may strengthen your case to obtain a statement as to what that person saw occur.
- Did a manager, supervisor, or employee of the gas station have notice of the condition that led to the slip and fall? If so, these parties may have had an obligation to remove the dangerous condition in order to keep visitors to the gas station safe.
- Even if the other parties were not aware of the dangerous condition, should they have been?
- Did you file an accident report after the incident? If so, the report should be shared with your attorney when pursuing a claim.
- Did you receive immediate medical treatment after the accident? While all of your medical records that pertain to the slip and fall injury are necessary for your claim, the records from immediately following the accident are especially important since they may support your claim as to what condition led to your accident.
- Would your case benefit from hiring medical, engineering, or economic experts to provide reports or testimony? Often, experts are necessary for proving a slip and fall accident injury claim.
- Are any insurance companies involved? If so, it is important not to engage in settlement discussions without first consulting your attorney.
When deciding how to proceed after your accident, it is important to take the proper steps in order to protect your legal rights. We encourage you to contact us today for guidance at470-819-2273.