Anytime a motorist is involved in an accident with a large commercial truck, the risk of significant injury is present. One type of potentially life-threatening injury that could occur as a result of such a crash is a ruptured spleen. The spleen is an organ located under the rib cage on the left side of the body. When a person experiences a significant blow to the body, it is possible for the spleen to rupture. A ruptured spleen is a type of internal injury that may be caused by an auto accident. This injury is highly dangerous and requires immediate medical attention.
10 Signs of a Ruptured Spleen Following a Truck Accident
To determine whether you may be at risk or suffering from a ruptured spleen, it is important to seek medical attention. However, the following are 10 important signs that you may have a ruptured spleen after an accident involving a large truck:
- The left side of your body suffered a significant blow as a result of the crash.
- The accident involved a large commercial truck, resulting in significant force at the time of the crash.
- You suffered broken ribs or abdominal or chest injuries. These injuries could cause a tear in your spleen.
- You are experiencing blurred vision.
- You are feeling lightheaded.
- You feel confused.
- After the crash, you fainted.
- Your abdomen feels hard.
- You are experiencing pain in the left abdomen and left shoulder.
- Your upper abdomen feels tender to the touch.
If you suffered significant injuries as a result of an accident involving a large truck, we can help you obtain the compensation that you deserve. We encourage you to check out the many successful case results we have obtained for our previous clients to learn more.