As the summer season heats up, people everywhere are preparing to celebrate the season’s most popular holiday. Whether you are interested in viewing one of the many fireworks displays around Atlanta or checking out a fun summer festival, there is something for everyone to enjoy this season. Check out our sampling of events below and have a safe and happy Fourth of July!
Check Out the Fireworks This July!
Ready to watch some fireworks? You have several options this year, including the following:
- Fourth of July at Centennial Olympic Park. Gates open at 6:00 p.m. and fireworks start at 9:45 p.m.! This is a free event for all, and fireworks are synchronized to patriotic and fun popular music.
- Watch the fireworks from the Georgia Aquarium at their Red, White, & View family-friendly fireworks viewing event, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Head to Lenox Square on July 4th, do some shopping and stay for the fireworks at 9:40 p.m.
- Already have plans for the 4th of July? Check out the fireworks on July 3rd or 5th at Six Flags Over Georgia. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Visit Stone Mountain Park July 2nd – 5th for a spectacular laser show and fireworks beginning at 9:30 p.m.
Enjoy the Many July Festivals Throughout the Atlanta Area
Fireworks are not the only activity happening in the Atlanta area this July. There are many fun festivals and events to check out as the summer heats up. These include the following:
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race. Come join in this fun 6.2 mile race with 60,000 other runners on July 4th.
- Celebrate Braselton Festival. Enjoy the entire day at this fun festival, beginning with a Star Spangled 5k Fun Run at 8:00 a.m. and continuing to the festival at 4:00 p.m. and parade at 6:00 p.m.
- Red White & Brew at the Georgia Aquarium 4th of July Beer Festival. Celebrate the holiday with unlimited beer, food, and live music in the magnificent Oceans Ballroom where you can see beluga whales, manta rays, and whale sharks!
- East Point’s Salute to the Red, White, & Blue 4th of July Hometown Celebration. Check out the vendor market, musical performances, and fireworks at this fun event! This event includes a Summer Kids’ Zone from July 1st – 4th with inflatable amusements, games, and water features.
Help us spread the word about these fun events and activities by sharing a link to this article with your friends and loved ones on Facebook and Twitter!