Summer is kicking off to an exciting start in the Atlanta area! With the
kids gearing up to finish up the school year and adults looking forward
to the warmest season of the year, there is something that will appeal
to everyone this June. We encourage you to get out there and check out
some of the many activities, events, and festivals that are happening
in the Atlanta area this June.
Atlanta Braves June Promotional Schedule
Are you a baseball fan? If so, there is a lot to look forward to this month. The Atlanta Braves have put forth an exciting promotional schedule, including the following:
- Friday Night Fireworks – Friday, June 5th against the Pirates at 7:35 p.m.
- Father-Daughter Day – Saturday, June 6th, against the Pirates at 7:10 p.m.
- Alumni Sunday, Autism Awareness Day, and Kids Run the Bases – Sunday, June 7th, against the Pirates at 1:35 p.m.
- David Justice Bobblehead Night – Tuesday, June 9th, against the Padres at 7:10 p.m.
- Charli XCX Postgame Concert – Wednesday, June 10th, against the Padres at 7:10 p.m.
- Friday Night Fireworks and Heritage Weekend – Friday, June 19th, against the Mets at 7:35 p.m.
- Braves Country 5k, Heritage Weekend, and Boyz II Men Postgame Concert – Saturday, June 20th, against the Mets at 7:10 p.m.
- Alumni Sunday, Father’s Day Catch on the Field, Kids Run the Bases, and Prostate Cancer Awareness Day – Sunday, June 21st, against the Mets at 5:05 p.m.
Head on out to the ball field to participate in the fun!
June Activities Abound in the Atlanta Area
In addition to all of the baseball fun happening this month, the Atlanta area also offers several other fun events and activities. These include the following:
- Into design? Check out Design is Human Week from June 1 – 7th. This fun event celebrates design excellence and contemporary architecture through home tours, exhibits, lectures, and more.
- Music fan? Come see the one and only Barry Manilow as he performs his top 40 hits at the Gwinnett Center on June 4th. This may be your last chance to see him live, as the show is being billed as his last tour! Another great option is Jazz on the Lawn at Callanwolde on June 12th and 26th.
- Enjoy cycling? Visit the Atlanta Cycling Festival from June 13th – 20th, which offers bike rides, classes, and parties for riders of all ages and abilities.
- Looking to enjoy new cultures? There are lots of options this June. Visit the Festival of Chariots, a festival that originated over 2,000 years ago on the east coast of India, from June 5th – 7th. There is also the Georgia Renaissance Festival from June 6th – 7th, offering artisans, a medieval amusement park, and knights and maidens. On June 20th, check out the McDonough Caribbean Cultural Festival for live music, food, and a kids’ zone.
- Does dad like old cars? Check out the vintage cars at the Father’s Day Car Show at Stone Mountain Park on June 21st. An added bonus? This event is free!
- Want to celebrate the arts? Check out the Old Fourth Ward Park Arts Festival on June 27th and 28th.