After a fun summer in the hot sun, the beautiful fall temperatures are finally upon us. October is a special fall month featuring everyone’s favorite spooky holiday—Halloween! The Atlanta area offers many exciting events and activities to help you enjoy one of the most special months of the year. We encourage you to check out an event that interests you!
Atlanta Events to Check Out This Fall
Looking for some spooky fun this October? The following are some of the many events being held throughout October:
- Come enjoy one of the largest Halloween events in the country at the Little 5 Points Halloween Festival and Parade. Over 35,000 people attend this exciting event each year, which offers a fun festival with artist market vendors, food vendors, and a chilling parade sure to kick the Halloween festivities off right. The event takes place on Saturday, October 17th.
- Ready for a no-holds-barred Halloween haunted house? Check out Netherworld, featuring special effects, intense makeup, skilled stunt artists, and unique monsters sure to scare the socks off you! The haunted house opens September 25th and lasts until November 7th.
- Visit Stone Mountain Park for its annual Pumpkin Festival. This event runs from September 25th through October 25th and features games, shows, a parade, a maze, and a pie eating contest. There is truly something for the whole family!
- Got a Lego fan in the family? Head over to LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Atlanta forBrick-or-Treat, running from October 3rd through November 1st. This event offers spooky Lego fun and encourages visitors to come in their favorite Halloween costume.
- Each October, the Atlanta Botanical Garden stuffs the garden with nearly 100 scarecrows at its Scarecrows in the Garden event. Scarecrows are created by area businesses, individuals, schools, and other organizations.
- Do your part to give back this October by participating in Fright Fest Blood DriveOctober 17th-18th. The event is held at Six Flags Over Georgia and is a partnership between the amusement park and Life South Community Blood Centers. When you donate blood, you will receive one free General Park Admission.
- Get some exercise while enjoying the fall fun! Check out the Trick-or-Treat Trot at the Arena at Infinite Energy Center. Participants dress in their best Halloween costumes and participate in a Halloween themed 5K run/walk.
Don’t keep all the fun to yourself—help us spread the word! Share a link to this article with your friends and loved ones on Facebook and Twitter.