As the summer comes to a close, take time to enjoy one last weekend of hot weather fun over Labor Day Weekend. The Atlanta area offers something for everyone. With sporting events, art festivals, and delicious food, you are sure to find an event that will keep you entertained before returning to work or school and kicking off the fall season.
5 Fun Events to Experience This Labor Day Weekend
What’s going on in the Atlanta area this Labor Day weekend? The following is a small sampling:
- Sports fans can check out the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, the college football season opener held at the Georgia Dome, featuring the University of Louisville Cardinals and the Auburn University Tigers.
- Sci-fi lovers can attend Dragon Con from September 4–7, a multi-media and pop culture convention featuring the latest in science fiction and fantasy gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film.
- Visit Stone Mountain Park, where the park will be honoring and appreciating everyday working heroes during a Labor Day Weekend celebration that features a laser show spectacular and a special fireworks display all three nights.
- Celebrate the arts by enjoying the works of local and national artists at Art in the Parkin Historic Marietta Square and Glover Park.
- Hungry? Check out the Labor Day Pig Out and Low Country Boil at Palmer Plaza in Alpharetta, Georgia, on September 6.
We hope you enjoy this holiday weekend with your friends and loved ones. Help us spread the word about the fun Labor Day weekend events and activities in Atlanta by sharing a link to this article with your friends and loved ones on Facebook and Twitter!