March is a wonderful time to get out and enjoy Atlanta's gorgeous weather and fun attractions. The city offers plenty of great events and activities that are designed to appeal to singles, couples, children, and families. Here are just a few of the many local events planned for this month:
- Cardboard Con: Scheduled for Saturday, March 5, Cardboard Con is the first science fiction/fantasy convention that celebrates handcrafted, affordable costumes.
- Atlanta St. Patrick's Parade: The annual Atlanta St. Patrick's Parade features floats, giant balloons, Irish musicians and dancers, and marching bands. Scheduled for Saturday, March 12, the parade starts in Midtown and heads south on Peachtree Street.
- Shamrock the Station: Held at the Atlantic Station, and hailed as Atlanta's premier St. Patrick’s Day music festival, Shamrock the Station boasts high-energy live music, Irish dancing performances, delicious Irish cuisine and more. The free, family-friendly event kicks off at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 12.
- Shamrockin' For a Cure: This lively annual event features live music, food and drinks, dancing, and a charity auction, with proceeds supporting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The 2016 Shamrockin' For a Cure event will be held Saturday, March 12 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Alpharetta.
- Atlanta Science Festival: Held from Saturday, March 19 through Saturday, March 26, the Atlanta Science Festival invites curious people of all ages to celebrate science and technology in the region with presentations, activities and demonstrations at sites throughout the Atlanta metro area.
- North East Community Egg Drop: The 7th Annual Northeast Cobb Community Egg Drop is a free, family-oriented event featuring activities, games, food, music, and a helicopter that drops thousands of candy-filled Easter eggs onto the football field at Sprayberry High School in Marietta. The event is scheduled for Saturday, March 26.
- Eggstravaganza Under the Stars: Cobb County will host its second annual Eggstravaganza Under the Stars event at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 26 at the Al Bishop Softball Complex in Marietta. The event will feature live entertainment, children's activities, inflatables, food vendors and an evening Easter egg hunt.
Share this blog on Facebook or Twitter to let all your friends and family members know about the exciting events planned for this month.