Attentive Legal Assistance Available 24/7
Atlanta Defective Drug Lawyer
Injured? You May Be Entitled to Compensation
Most pharmaceutical drug-related injuries and deaths occur within the first year of a drug’s release, which means that many drugs are released for public use without a full understanding or appreciation of their risks or potential side effects. Pharmaceutical companies, by law, are strictly liable for any drugs that are deemed defective or unreasonably dangerous to the public.
Injured people may have a right to file a compensation-seeking lawsuit for the damages they have sustained as a result of taking a hazardous pharmaceutical. Damages typically available in these types of cases include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and more. If you have suffered the untimely death of a family member, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit on their behalf seeking compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of companionship and support, and more.
Types of Dangerous Drugs
- Accutane, an acne drug that can cause Crohn’s Disease, miscarriage and birth defects, depression, and suicide
- Benicar, a blood pressure medication linked with severe gastrointestinal problems
- Celexa, an antidepressant drug with side effects including worsening depression, violent or suicidal behavior, and more
- Invokana, a diabetes drug linked to ketoacidosis and kidney disease
- Lipitor, a cholesterol-lowering drug that can cause diabetes
- Xarelto, a blood thinner that can cause uncontrollable bleeding for which there is no antidote
- Yaz or Yasmin, birth control drugs linked to serious or fatal heart and blood disorders
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Atlanta Dangerous Drug Lawyer
Kaufman Law, P.C. has been trusted in Atlanta since 1977. Boasting decades of combined experience, our attorneys have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for injured people and their families. Attentive, determined, and longstanding in our community, you can trust that our firm has the experience, skill, and resources that it takes to produce outstanding results. Plus, you owe us nothing for our services unless we make a recovery on your behalf.
Contact our firm today to speak with an Atlanta personal injury attorney about your potential case. Home & hospital visits are available upon request.