Attentive Legal Assistance Available 24/7
Slip & Fall Attorney in Atlanta
Establishing Liability for Your Slip & Fall Accident
When a person is injured in a slip and fall, there is a tendency to blame the victim. We assume the fall happened because the victim was clumsy, was wearing the wrong shoes, or just wasn't paying attention. The truth is, most slip and fall injures are preventable, but it isn't always the victim that could have prevented it.
Here are some examples:
- Mrs. Green was running errands in Decatur. The elderly woman was walking up the steps to the bank when her foot hit the crumpled edge on one of the concrete steps. She fell and broke her hip. There were no warning signs.
- Carrie was at a restaurant. On the way to the restroom, she tripped on a cord that was strung across the hallway. She injured her back. Because the hallway was dimly lit, she could not see the gray cord on the gray carpet.
- An employee spilled mop water and was cleaning it up. There were caution signs. John noted the caution signs and went to the next aisle. He then slipped on water that had run under the shelves. He broke his ankle.
Common Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents
If you were injured by a property owner's negligence, you have a right to file a premises liability claim. However, it can be difficult to prove your case. In many situations, the property owner will quickly repair or cover up the conditions that caused the accident. It's up to you to prove that your injuries were caused by a hazardous condition. If you wait too long, the evidence will be gone.
Common conditions that cause slip and fall injuries include:
- Improper maintenance
- Wet or slippery floors
- Lack of warning signs
- Broken or cracked sidewalks
- Loose handrails
- Poorly maintained stairs
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris left in walkways
- Buildup of ice in entryways
The owner may realize he is at fault. He may seem sincerely sorry and offer you money for your medical bills. Before accepting any payments, see an attorney. While the offer may seem like enough for your current medical bills, it should also cover any lost wages, ongoing medical treatments and pain and suffering. Call Kaufman Law, P.C. for a free review – we'll tell you the true value of your personal injury claim.
Need Help? Turn to Kaufman Law, P.C. Today.
After a slip and fall accident, our Atlanta premises liability lawyers will work with you to gather the information needed to prove your case. We'll show that your injuries were caused by negligent conditions and could have been prevented.
We will do our very best to get all you the money you need to pay for your medical care, cover your lost wages, and help you recover from the accident. Your fall wasn't your fault; you shouldn't have to pay for it. Let our firm help you seek justice.
Give us a call today to discuss your premises liability case.